Spring Break 2017 - China
March 9-17, 2017
Our Spring Break Study Abroad Program is a nine-day study tour in another country. Class meetings are conducted on Tuesday nights before the trip. Since it is offered for college credit, readings, papers, and journals are required. It is available for non-credit participants, too.
Join Dr. Beth Stapleton and China native, Lingshan Song, on an amazing Far East Adventure to China during MC’s 2017 Spring Break. Departure is March 9 with return on March 17. This trip is open for all MC students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community friends. Participants may select courses for college credit or participate as a non-credit enrollee.
Classes are offered in conjunction with the trip at the graduate and undergraduate level. Please contact Dr. Stapleton (email@example.com) for specific class information. Enrollees may take no more than 4 hours for this tour in conjunction with regular MC classes. Those enrolled for credit must attend the class meeting at 6:00pm each Tuesday from January 24- Feb 21 and complete all other requirements as designated by the instructor. Scholarship application and spring break website are currently in progress. Students who are taking classes may apply for a small scholarship when available. In addition, all participants will be required to attend the final group meeting on Sunday, Feb. 26 for final departure information.
Non-credit enrollees are not required to attend the classes but are strongly encouraged to do so because of the general travel/tourist information discussed and the meaningful background information about the history, culture, and literature of the area provided.
What are the dates of the MC 2017 Spring Break Trip?
- March 9 – March 17, 2017
Who may go on the trip?
- Mississippi College students, faculty, staff, alumni, family members, and friends
What is the price of the trip?
- The price is $3,850.00 per person
- The non-refundable deposit of $550.00 is due September 23, 2016
- The payment schedule is listed on the online brochure and all other monies are paid directly to Contracting Agency (this information will be sent once deposit has been paid to MC)
- The registration form for the trip is on the brochure and should be submitted to Continuing Education
- The brochure is on the spring break webpage
Are scholarships available?
- Scholarships of $250 are available to participants who take the designated courses for the trip
- Scholarship applications are available on the spring break webpage or from Dr. Beth Stapleton
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first come first served basis
- The scholarship money goes directly toward the cost of the trip
What is the itinerary?
- The itinerary is listed on the brochure which is on the spring break webpage and around campus.