Spring Break is a nine-day study tour of the European community or other countries. Class meetings are conducted on Tuesday nights before the trip. Since it is offered for college credit, readings, papers, and journals are required. It is available for non-credit participants, too.
This program was originally designed for Mississippi College students, faculty, staff , alumni and friends for a brief experience in significant countries in the UK and in Europe. Now, the program is expanding to other parts of the world.
The program was introduced in 1990 by Dr. Edward McMillan as tour director and has completed over fifteen very successful tours. Over 500 individuals have participated in the the trips beginning in 1990.
SPRING BREAK TRIP 2014 - France
March 6 - 15
Our trip begins with departure on Thursday, March 6 from Jackson. We connect in Dallas, then off to France! We begin our journey arriving in Paris then off to tour the Loire Valley, home of chalets, castles, and wonderful quaint towns. We will celebrate a safe arrival with a group meal that first night. The following day, we visit Amboise, a small town where Leonardo de Vinci lived his final years. We will visit the lovely castle in Amboise and see the Renaissance style at its best. In the following days, we visit Mont St. Michel and the Normandy Region. We will spend time on the beaches, the cemeteries, and popular World War II sites. Following the historic and somber visits, we make our way to the city of lights, Paris! We will visit the marvelous Palace of Versailles, the Louvre, the Cathedral of Notre Dame, and the Eiffel Tower, with many more things to see! The last day in Paris will be a free day to discover the best of this magical city. We end that night with a farewell dinner and a cruise on the Seine River. We return home from the experience on Saturday, March 15, flying from Paris to Dallas, then on to Jackson.
What are the dates of the MC 2013 Spring Break Trip?
- Thursday, March 6 – Saturday, March 15, 2014
Who may go on the trip?
- Mississippi College students, faculty, staff, alumni, family members, and friends
What is the price of the trip?
- The price is $3250.00 per person
- The deposit is $550.00 and is non-refundable and payable to Continuing Education at MC
- The payment schedule is listed on the online brochure and all other monies are paid directly to Contracting Agency (this information will be sent once deposit has been paid to MC)
- The registration form for the trip is on the brochure and should be submitted to Continuing Education
- The brochure is on the spring break webpage
Are scholarships available?
- Scholarships of $250 are available to participants who take the designated courses for the trip
- Scholarship applications are available on the spring break webpage or from Dr. Beth Stapleton
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first come first served basis
- The scholarship money goes directly toward the cost of the trip
What is the itinerary?
- The itinerary is listed on the brochure which is on the spring break webpage and around campus.