Doctor of Education
Please do not use paper protectors or sleeves. Place all materials in a file folder. The portfolio will not be returned; therefore, copies of all documents should be retained by the student.
Submit a professional portfolio to the Coordinator of the Ed.D. Program (Box 4009, Clinton, MS 39058) consisting, in this order, of:
- A completed application for the Ed.D. program
- Photocopy of master’s and specialist standard educator licenses
- Documentation of a minimum of five (5) years of educational experience (e.g., a letter from the district’s personnel office)
- Documentation of two (2) years of experience in a leadership role (e.g., team leader, department chair)
- An essay of no more than 750 words on the reasons for seeking the Doctor of Education degree --- The essay must be typed and double-spaced on white 8” x 11” paper and should include a summary of personal and professional goals.
- Three (3) recommendations from professionals who can evaluate the applicant’s potential for success as an educational leader---One of the forms must be completed by the applicant’s principal or immediate supervisor. The candidate should also provide envelopes, pre-addressed to the Department of Teacher Education and Leadership and
- stamped, so that recommendations can be sent directly to the program coordinator by the references. The recommendations will be added to
- the candidate’s portfolio by staff before it is reviewed.
- Examples of applicant’s work as a professional educator (e.g., workshop, school program)