Application for a Mississippi Teaching License
If you have recently completed a licensure program, including the alternate route 3 or 5 year license, gifted endorsement, or a Master's program*, you will need to complete the following application request form and return it to our office via fax or email along with a recent Banner transcript. Praxis scores must be included for all alternate route licenses.
Licensure Application This form must be completed if your license request requires a university recommendation. All licensure recommendations from the Department of Teacher Education and Leadership are completed through the use of this form.
Dr. Cindy Melton email@example.com
*If you are upgrading your license in the same subject area (your undergrad was Elementary Education and your MED will be Elementary Education) from an A to an AA license, you will only need to send a transcript to the MDE and complete your part on the Electronic Licensure Management System (ELMS) at the MDE website www.mde.k12.ms.us No university recommendation form is required for a license upgrade.
Mississippi College offers undergraduate programs which lead to initial licensure in Mississippi in the following areas:
- Elementary K-6
- Special Education K-12
- Secondary Education 7-12
- Social Studies
- Secondary Education K-12
- Music (Vocal and Instrumental)
- English (Department of Kinesiology)
Mississippi College offers graduate programs which lead to initial licensure in Mississippi in the following areas:
- Initial License - Class A (Completion of MED leads to Class AA). Candidates must have an undergraduate degree prior to entering this program.
- Masters in Education/Teaching Arts (Alternate Route)
- Initial License - Class AA in School Administration. Candidates must possess Class A license prior to entering this program.
- Masters in Education/Educational Leadership
- Initial License - Class AAA in School Administration. Candidates must possess a Class AA license prior to entering this program.
- Education Specialist/Educational Leadership
- Education Doctor/Educational Leadership