Departmental facilities are located in the renovated Jennings Hall, a structure featuring an open-air center courtyard with a New Orleans ambiance. Jennings Hall has graced the campus of Mississippi College for over 100 years. From 1908 until 1945, Jennings was a men’s dormitory. During World War II, Mississippi College became coed and Jennings was renovated and made into the first female residence hall on campus. Even after the construction of Ratliff Hall in 1914 and Chrestman in 1926, Jennings was still the most sought after dorm. Everyone loved the arrangement of the building.
In the late 1980's the building was renovated to house classrooms and offices. The first department to relocate to Jennings was History and Political Science which now occupies the second floor. The English department now occupies the 3rd floor. The department of Modern Language and the Sociology and Social Work department are housed on the 1st floor, along with the Dean’s office of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences.
In 1995, the old dining hall and women’s gymnasium building attached to Jennings was reopened as a classroom building - the Jennings classroom annex.
Once in danger of being torn down, Jennings Hall is once again fully serviceable to the faculty, staff and students of Mississippi College. It continues to be a special place in the life of this college.
Most classes meet in Jennings Hall or the Jennings Annex Building. Facilities encourage instructor-student interaction and collaboration. Students enjoy access to computer facilities as well as video equipment.