The requirements for admission to the traditional track of Mississippi College School of Nursing are:
- Completion of all prerequisite courses with grade of C or higher (English 101 and 102, psychology, sociology, anatomy & physiology, microbiology, chemistry, statistics, algebra, and NUR 250 Transition to Nursing Practice;
- Successful completion of college core courses or a faculty-approved plan for completing these in a timely fashion;
- A cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher based on work completed at Mississippi College;
- Acceptable score on the admission exam **
- Credit hours at Mississippi College (a minimum of 12 hours is suggested).
**Information concerning the Admission Assessment Exam with Critical Thinking is available through the School of Nursing.
|Mississippi College Core Courses||Hours||Prerequisites||Hours|
|English Composition||6||Chemistry (4-hour laboratory course)||4|
|Literature||6||Anatomy and Physiology (2 4-hour laboratory courses)||8|
|History||6||Microbiology (laboratory course)||4|
|Fine Arts||3||Sociology, Principles||3|
|Old Testament||3||Psychology, Introduction||3|
|Physical Education (activity courses required)||2||College Algebra||3|
|Guided Elective||3||Transition to Healthcare Professions||3|