Online RN-to-BSN Track
1. Obtain application packet from the School of Nursing RN-BSN website.
You may submit the application and letters of reference as a first step. Then submit completed application packet to the office on or before April The application packet is made up of the application form, two reference forms, copy of RN license, copy of CPR card, copy of malpractice insurance, admission health record, and proof of criminal background check.
2. Two references are required.
Suggested people to complete the reference forms includes: former teacher, pastor, employer, etc. References should be returned directly to the School of Nursing by the person writing the reference (Box 4037, Clinton MS 39058). No application will be considered without two completed references.
3. Apply to the university (with entry date as summer this year) and have official transcripts sent.
It is the responsibility of all applicants to have official transcripts from any course work taken (or in progress) at other institutions sent to the MC Registrar’s Office.
4. Submit the following documentation (all must be within the last 12 months):
- Copy of admission health record (form on-line) including:
- Evidence of TB Test (must have dates of 2 step, and then can do annual)
- Evidence of VCP immunity
- Evidence of HBV series or titer
- Copy of CPR card (American Heart-BLS)
- Copy of RN license (both sides)
- Copy of malpractice insurance
- Criminal background check (must be from a healthcare agency; those done by law enforcement agencies are not accepted)
5. You will be notified in writing of your status (whether admitted or denied admittance) after the Admission and Progression Committee has reviewed the application.
6. Complete and return the applicant response form that will be included with your notification.
7. After admission to the School of Nursing, forms and further information on subsequent requirements will be mailed to you either with or following the notification of admission.
Note: Scholarships are available through the Board of Trustees of Mississippi State Institutions of Higher Learning. Further information and applications can be obtained from the IHL (432-6997). http://www.ihl.state.ms.us/financialaid/nursing.html
If you have questions regarding the process, please call the School of Nursing 601.925.3278.