The School of Nursing, utilizing the principles of Christian living, endeavors to assist individuals to become positive contributors to the profession of nursing and to society as well.
The stated purposes of the Mississippi College School of Nursing are as follows:
- to advance the mission of Mississippi College;
- to prepare professional nurses to function as generalists in a variety of settings;
- to contribute to the delivery of health care in Mississippi;
- to advance the practice of professional nursing;
- to prepare students for graduate study.
The faculty of the Mississippi College School of Nursing recruits and selects individuals who demonstrate the potential for learning and who express interest in nursing as a profession. The faculty provides the individual with a comprehensive program of educational experiences. The graduate of the School of Nursing should be able to demonstrate a philosophy that is committed to continued personal growth and the service of humankind through the practice of nursing.