The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) offers students the opportunity to obtain college credit by examination. Each college or university is individual and independent in setting CLEP policy. The student should check with the college or university where he/she is enrolled to learn about its CLEP requirements. If the score on the examination is acceptable to the institution where the student is enrolled, the student may receive credit. No quality points are awarded, only credit hours.
The student can mail or email the completed registration/admission form to Academic Computing at Mississippi College. Only one examination per person will be given on a single test date.
The student will need to make out two checks:
- one to CLEP for $80
- one to Mississippi College for a $50.00 administration fee which is non-refundable.
You can email the completed registration/admission form to firstname.lastname@example.org and carry the checks when you take the test. If you want to mail the checks with registration form, please mail to:
Clinton, MS 39058
Email Mr. Forster Sun (email@example.com) or call him at 601.925.3871 to schedule a test time.
A student may receive credit at Mississippi College for any of the following courses on which he/she achieves a satisfactory score, subject to the limitations listed below and if approved on the Credit by Examination form. Acceptable scores are subject to change when mean scores are updated by the College Board.
- No student may receive credit toward graduation for more than 30 semester hours of work through CLEP, or through a combination of CLEP and other non-resident work.
- CLEP credit in History will be limited to a total of six (6) semester hours chosen from the courses listed. To meet the six (6) hours of history CORE requirement, both courses must be from the same series, i.e. American History or World Civilization.
- CLEP credit in English will be limited to a total of six (6) semester hours. A student may take only one literature course.
- No student may receive degree credit by examination at a lower course level in a subject from which he/she has earned credit at an advanced level.
- Mississippi College does not give credit for General Examinations nor does the College administer General Examinations.
- You must wait six months before repeating an examination! Absolutely no exceptions!
- Exams must be taken within 30 days of Registrar Office approval.
Testing Center Information
Test Center Name: Mississippi College
Testing Site: Self-108 (Academic Computing Lab)
Test Center Code No.: 1477
For more information and to register, please download the following documents: