- Residents Halls close on Thursday, May 8th, at 9:00 AM.
- All residents are expected to leave within 24 hours of their last exam.
- Graduating seniors will be allowed to stay until Saturday, May 10th at 5:00 PM. (Graduating seniors’ names must be on the approved list from the Office of Residence Life.)
- Click the following link for a sample list of potential charges: Close Down Charges List.
Regardless if you complete a traditional or express checkout, you will be responsible for each of the following tasks. Failure to satisfactorily complete these tasks will result in damage/cleaning charges assessed to each resident in the room/suite/apartment. Each resident is responsible for the condition of the common room/bathroom (suite/apartment).
- Choose a check-out process – traditional or express.
- Remove all personal belongings from your room.
- Unbunk the beds.
- Empty all trashcans into the residence hall trash receptacles or laundry room trashcans.
- All large items (carpets, recliners, etc.) must be thrown into the dumpster outside each building.
- Dust, sweep, mop, and/or vacuum your space.
- Return all furniture to original location.
- Clean all surfaces including sinks, bathrooms, desks, dressers, etc.
- Close and lock your windows.
- Close your blinds.
- Take home all belongings. No storage is available on campus. The college reserves the right to dispose of all items left after checkout.
Express checkout is the ability to checkout of your room without scheduling a traditional checkout appointment (meeting with an RA). An express check-out Agreement entails cleaning and preparing your room according to the check out checklist, placing the key in, and signing the express check-out envelope. Express check-out Envelope available in designated location listed below. The RA will then inspect your room after the closedown date. You will be responsible for any damages that are documented and you will NOT be able to appeal them.
- Express check-out envelopes are available through your resident assistant.
- Remove your belongings and clean your room.
- Return the express check-out envelope to the box outside your resident director's apartment.
- Sign the express check out envelope
- Place your room key in the envelope.
- Fill out all components of the express check-out envelope.
- Keys and express check-out envelopes deposited after the 9:00 am closing deadline will be considered late and result in a fine.
- Staff will inspect your room after the closedown deadline
NOTE: Damages assessed to individuals who use expresss check-out cannot be appealed.
The traditional method requires the RA to examine the room with you and to document any changes to your Room Inventory since the time of move in. If any damage or cleaning issues exist, the RA will inform you of any anticipated charges. You must schedule an appointment with your RA or another RA in the building. The meeting with the RA should occur after your belongings have been removed from the room. Once you have removed ALL your belongings from the room and cleaned your personal “living spaces” according to the checklist, you are ready to be checked out from the room.
Do not contact your RA to check you out at the last minute. Make an appointment 24 hours in advance on their room door. Room keys must be turned in to your RA when you have completed the traditional check-out process.
- Remove all your belongings and clean your room.
- Inspect your room your room with the RA (encourage your roommate to join).
- Sign the room inventory form and return room key to the RA.
NOTE: If you receive any charges you will receive a confirmation email in your MC email account.