WHAT IS Housing SIGN-UP?
Housing Sign-Up allows students to choose their rooms and roommates for the academic year. When Sign-Up begins, you’ll be able to go online and see which rooms are available in each building, floor by floor.
Housing sign-up will begin later in the Spring Semester. You can review the housing sign-up process on our Current Students page. Read through all instructions and review the priority timeline before beginning the housing application process.
We could not be more excited that you have decided to make Mississippi College your new home away from home. We believe you will find your time living on campus to be one of your richest college experiences and we eagerly anticipate you being a part of it.
You can review the housing sign-up process on our New Students page. Read through all instructions and review the housing sign-up timeline before beginning the housing application process.
If you have any questions about Mississippi College’s on-campus living requirements please review the Residence Life Requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Sign Up?
- All undergraduate students currently residing in on campus housing who plan to be enrolled for Fall Term 2015 are eligible to participate in Housing Sign-Up.
- All new students who have been accepted to the university and have paid their $100 non refundable housing fee.
- If you want to return to on-campus housing after living off campus, you can still apply for on-campus housing after all the current on-campus undergraduate residents update.
What’s my priority?
Current Students: Housing sign-up is based on the student’s number of hours completed and currently enrolled in for the 2015 Spring semester. Please visit the Current Student tab to review the Updating Timeline.
New Students: Housing sign-up is based on when a student has been accepted to MC and when their $100 housing fee is paid. Please visit the New Student tab to review the Housing for Fall 2015 - Spring 2016 timeline.
Need a Roommate or Have Roommate Preferences?
- Students will be able to go in and search for a specific student to request as a roommate, create their own housing profile, and search the profiles of other students who have applied for on- campus housing.
- You can only select individuals to be your roommate IF they have completed a housing application.
How to Apply for Housing?
- Review the Current or New Student pages to learn more about the individual housing sign-up processes.
- Please read the Online Housing Instructions for Currents Students or for New Students before you begin your application and room selection. These instructions provide a clear step-by- step outline of the application and room selection process.
How will I know if I successfully signed up for room?
- You will receive a confirmation email from Residence Life.
- You can always return to the “Application Status” tab in the online housing portal to review your current housing assignment.
What if I change my mind about my assignment? / Can I change my assignment after I am assigned to a room?
- Students can return to the online housing portal and change their room assignments as many times as they wish until Housing Sign-Up ends on July 31, 2015.
- After July 31, 2015 assignments will not be changed until after the two week freeze period that begins on the first day of classes.
What if I want to cancel my housing assignment after I sign up?
Students can cancel their housing assignment or application anytime but remember that Mississippi College has an on-campus living requirement so please make sure you have reviewed the Residence Life Requirement before making any final decisions. To cancel log back in to the online housing portal and cancel your application or assignment.
What is the cost of housing for 2015-2016?
Double Occupancy Room
- Premium Housing (New Men's/New Women's East/New Women's West): $4372.00
- Non-Premium Housing (Chrestman/Hederman/Gunter/Latimer-Webb/Mary Nelson/Ratliff/Whittington): $3887.00
- Premium Housing (New Men's/New Women's East/New Women's West): $7254.00
- Non-Premium Housing (Chrestman/Gunter/Latimer-Webb/Mary Nelson/Ratliff/Whittington): $6284.00, as space is available
- Hederman Private: $4990.00
- 1 Bedroom: $3200.00 with 100 points and no meal plan or laundry
- 2 Bedroom: $3900.00 with 100 points and no meal plan or laundry
University Place (New Apartments/Pods): $4300.00 with 100 points and no meal plan
Loft Apartments: $5145.00
- Loft Apartments: $2050.00
- Double Occupancy Residence Hall Room: $623 per session
Are all spaces in upperclassmen housing available for returning students?
A limited number of spaces in each upperclassmen hall are held back for new incoming transfer students based on the projected numbers from the admission office. In addition, all handicap accessible and hearing impaired rooms are held for students needing those spaces.
Do students who need ADA accommodations need to do to sign up for housing?
Students with medical accommodations currently on file with the counseling and student support services office do not need to renew them. Students who do not have any accommodation requests currently on file but need one should contact the Counseling and Disabilities Services Office. These students will still need to complete an online housing application. Counseling and Disabilities Services and Residence Life will review all ADA accommodations and assign those students to spaces that meet their needs.
Please visit the Counseling and Disabilities Services website for more details.