The following procedures should be followed in the event of a hostage situation or kidnapping:
- If you witness a hostage situation or kidnapping, your primary concern should be for your safety and the safety of others. Attempt to remove yourself and others from any immediate danger.
- Gather as much information as you can about those involved: Physical characteristics, clothing that is worn, vehicles that were used, weapons that may have been involved, etc.
- Call 911, be sure to provide the following information:
- State your name.
- State the problem.
- State the name and location individual(s) involved.
- Do not hang up the phone until the operator tells you to do so.
- Call the Office of Public Safety at 601.925.3204 and provide the appropriate information.
- Stay at or near the location of the hostage situation or kidnapping until authorities arrive.
- Make yourself available to authorities so that you can provide any information you may have regarding the incident.