The following procedures should be followed in the event a person has been sexually assaulted.
For The Victim:
- Go to a safe place.
- Call appropriate institution (Public Safety 3204 or 3911) and/or local (911) law enforcement officials for assistance and to report the assault.
- Do not bathe; wash hands, or clean fingernails. It is important that victims preserve evidence that may be necessary to prove criminal sexual assault.
- Do not remove clothing worn during or following the assault, as these frequently contain valuable fiber, hair and fluid evidence.
- Do not apply or take any medication.
- If officials have not been contacted, call someone you can trust to take you to the hospital.
- If this attack occurred on campus you should notify the Office of Public Safety at 3204 or 3911. An officer can take you to the hospital.
For Someone Assisting A Victim:
- Provide support.
- Advise the victim of the procedures listed above.
- Call the Office of Public Safety at 601.925.3204.
- Call the Office of Student Affairs at 601.925.3809.