In just a few short weeks you will officially be a Mississippi College student! Get excited, because you are about to experience BEING MC!
Welcome Week is designed and planned by The CREW, twenty-five excited upperclassmen who were selected from a competitive pool of student applicants. There will be non-stop events and activities starting the moment you get to campus and continuing throughout the week.These events will provide you with opportunities to mingle with other new Choctaws, the Dean of Students and University Presidents, Club and Tribe members, campus ministry teams, and the Student Government Association.
- A Kick-off Tailgate with all of Campus
- A Night in Black & White Event with the President, Dr. Royce
- Roadtrip Excursions
- Service in the City
- A Drive-In Movie
- Intramural Tournaments and Water Slides
- And a few other Surprise Events
When will you get your Welcome Week packet?
- If you are living on campus your packet will be waiting for you in your room on move-in day on August 20th.
- If you are a commuter you can pick up your packet from Welcome Week Headquaters on the Quad on Saturday August 20th during the Tailgate or the week of, Monday-Thursday from 8am-4:30pm, in the Student Life Center (back patio of BCR).
- If you are an athlete who is moving in early your packet will be delivered to your room during the week of August 13th.
What to bring to Welcome Week 2016
- A swimsuit for any water activities!
- Something black & white for A Night in Black & White with the President. This can be gym shorts and a t-shirt or a formal dress - whatever you are comfortable in as long as it is black and white!
- Something you can wear to serve our community in.
To stay updated on the all the fun to come and let us know how much fun you're having, be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MCWelcomeWeek and tweet at us using #beingMC.