In just a few short weeks you will officially be a Mississippi College student! Get excited, because you are about to experience BEING MC! BEING MC means getting involved, and Welcome Week is your first chance to experience all campus has to offer. Get ready to jump in...
Welcome Week is going to be the BEST week of your life!
Welcome Week is designed and planned by The CREW, twenty excited upperclassmen who were selected from a competitive pool of student applicants. There will be non-stop events and activities starting the moment you get to campus and continuing throughout the week.These events will provide you with opportunities to mingle with other new Choctaws, the Dean of Students and University Presidents, Club and Tribe members, campus ministry teams, and the Student Government Association.
- Kick-off Concert in Swor Auditorium
- Food Truck Fest
- Black & White Event with the President Royce
- Roadtrip Excursions
- Late -night movie on the Quad
- Night at the Rez
- Intramural Tournaments and Water Slides
- The Event
When will you get your Welcome Week packet?
- If you are living on campus your packet will be given to you by your RA when you check in on Move-In Day on August 22nd.
- If you are a commuter you can pick up your packet from Welcome Week Headquaters on the Quad or in the lobby of Nelson Hall anytime during Welcome Week.
- If you are an athlete who is moving in early your packet will be delivered to your room during the week of August 17th.
What to bring to Welcome Week 2014
- A swimsuit for Sunday Funday so you can beat the heat on the inflateable slip-n-slide!
- Something black & white for A Night in Black & White with the President. This can be gym shorts and a t-shirt or a formal dress - whatever you are comfortable in as long as it is black and white!
To stay updated on the all the fun to come and let us know how much fun you're having, be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MCWelcomeWeek and tweet at us using #beingMC.