- Other than standing student judicial bodies such as, but not limited to, the Men’s Affairs Board (MAB), the Women’s Affairs Board (WAB) and the Student Judicial Council, the Chief Judicial Officer shall determine the composition of judicial bodies and appellate bodies. The Chief Judicial Officer has the delegated responsibility to determine which judicial body, Judicial Officer and appellate body shall be authorized to hear each case.
- The Chief Judicial Officer shall develop policies for the administration of the judicial program and procedural rules for the conduct of hearings which are consistent with provisions of the Student Code.
- As designated by this code, decisions made by a judicial body and/or Judicial Officer shall be final, pending the normal appeal process.
- A judicial body may be designated as arbiter of disputes within the student community in cases which do not involve a violation of the Student Code. All parties must agree to arbitration, and to be bound by the decision with no right of appeal.
- While “minimum sanctions” are prescribed for each breach of the Student Code, serious violations will result in the imposition of more severe sanctions.