STUDENT CONDUCT AUTHORITY
- Other than standing student conduct bodies, such as, but not limited to the Student Hearing Board, the Chief Conduct Officer shall determine the composition of all conduct bodies and appellate bodies. The Chief Conduct Officer has the delegated responsibility to determine which conduct body, conduct officer and appellate body shall be authorized to hear each case.
- The Chief Conduct Officer shall develop policies for the administration of the student conduct program and procedural rules for the conduct hearings which are consistent with provisions of the Mississippi College Student Code of Conduct.
- As designated by this code, decisions made by a Student Hearing Board, University Hearing Board, and/or student conduct officer shall be final, pending the normal appeal process.
- A student conduct body may be designated as arbiter of disputes within the student community in cases which do not involved a violation of the Mississippi College Student Code of Conduct. All parties must agree to arbitration, and to be bound by the decision with no right to appeal.
- While recommended sanctions are prescribed for violations of the Mississippi College Student Code of Conduct, serious violations will result in the impositions of more severe sanctions.