The General Biology degree track is recommended for students wishing to pursue careers such as Physical Therapy, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant's, Medical Technology and Field Biology. This is our most flexible degree track, which allows the student to form their curriculum to whatever suits their career goals best.
Required Math and Science Courses (32 sem hrs)
- Biology 111 (4 hrs) [Freshman Biology]
- Biology 112 (4 hrs) [Freshman Biology]
- Biology 305 (3 hrs) [Cell Biology]
- Biology 306 (3 hrs) [Genetics]
- Biology 307 (2 hrs) [Cell and Genetics Laboratory]
- Biology 431 (1 hr) [Biology Seminar]
- Biology 432 (1 hr) [Biology Capstone]
- Chemistry 141 (4 hrs) [Freshman Chemistry]
- Chemistry 142 (4 hrs) [Freshman Chemistry]
Two mathematics courses chosen from the following:
- Math 121 (3 hrs) [Calculus with Analytic Geometry I]
- Math 206 (3 hrs) [Applied Calculus]
- Math 207 (3 hrs) [Statistics] (required)*
In addition to the above Math and Science required courses the student must take as least twenty four semester hours of 200-400 level biology courses. At least twenty hours must be 300-400 level.
Option two: (requires a minor in another subject area)
In addition to the above Math and Science required courses the student must take as least sixteen hours of 300-400 level Biology.