Mississippi College is a comprehensive Christian university that seeks to lift up the teachings of Jesus Christ in a premier academic environment at an affordable price.
Mississippi College is a rare find in the field of private Christian education with our student body size, low cost of attendance, and our academic reputation.
- Mississippi College is the state’s largest private university with over 5,000 students.
- Established in 1826, MC is the state’s oldest institution of higher learning.
- MC is ranked #32 on U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges" list of regional universities in the South, higher than any other university in the state.
- The Princeton Review ranks MC as a "Best Southeastern College" in 2016.
- Ranked the #1 Best College in Mississippi by bestcolleges.com in 2017.
- #21 on U.S. News & World Report's "Best Colleges for Veterans" in the South.
- The student body population is comprised of students from 39 of 50 states and over 20 foreign countries.
- The first coeducational college in America to grant a degree to a woman – 1831.
- The MC Choctaws compete in 17 Division II sports as a member of the Gulf South Conference. The move was made in 2014 from DIII to DII, granting us greater exposure, a new level of competition, and the ability to award athletic aid.
Mississippi College is more affordable than you might think with our lower tuition and generous scholarship program.
- One of the most affordable private universities in the country, with a total cost at $27,126 per year. The average private university costs $48,510 per year, with the average public university at $21,370 in-state tuition per year (College Board's Trends in College Pricing 2018 report).
- U.S. News & World Report ranks MC #12 on its "Best Value Colleges" list.
- MC is recognized as one of "America's 100 Best College Buys" by Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc.
- MONEY Magazine recently ranked MC #12 on their list of "The 20 Best Private Colleges for Merit Aid" and #6 within their "25 Most Affordable Colleges."
- Ranked by College Raptor as a one of their Hidden Southeast Gems - 2018.
- Affordable Colleges Online ranked MC as the #2 Best Online College in the state.
- MC awards approximately $53 million in scholarships and financial aid each year.
- Scholarships awarded based upon academic achievement, demonstration of leadership, ministerial vocation, financial need, and other areas of merit.
- Find out what you could qualify for in scholarships and financial aid by completing our Net Price Calculator. This tool will help you estimate your bottom line at MC.
- We encourage students to shop around and compare prices when considering college homes. See how MC stacks up against other universities in the region.
Our aim is to infuse Christ into every aspect of our culture – in the classroom, throughout campus life, and in the hearts of our students.
- Mission statement: Mississippi College seeks to be a university recognized for academic excellence and commitment to the cause of Christ.
- In the last 10 years, MC has seen over 700 reported salvations within its student body.
- MC has been affiliated with the Mississippi Baptist Convention since 1850.
- Member of The Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.
- The International Mission Board ranks MC as a top 10 school from which missionaries graduate and are under appointment.
- In 2018, MC was ranked #3 on Online Christian College's "Best Christian Colleges & Universities" list and as #8 in The Advocate's "Best Christian Colleges & Universities in America" list.
- MC is recognized as one of "America's Best Christian Colleges" by Institutional Research & Evaluation, Inc.
- MC students volunteer more than 30,000 hours every year.
You will find that a degree from Mississippi College holds weight with employers and can springboard you to anywhere you want to go.
- Over 80 undergraduate majors offered, plus over 50 graduate areas of study, two doctoral programs, a law school, and the state’s only Physician Assistant program.
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio.
- Ranks in the top 8% of private non-doctoral colleges in Ph.D. acceptance.
- MC students gain acceptance into medical school at over twice the national average.
- MC is the only university in the country where undergraduates can take Medical School Board exams to see how they rank amongst other medical school students across the country. Not only is the experience valuable, but students may also report these test scores to their medical school admissions committee.
- MC features a wet cadaver lab for students taking Human Anatomy & Physiology, a rare find in any undergraduate program.
- Nearly 100% of Nursing graduates find employment within three months of graduation.
- The Sociology and Social Work department ranks in the top 10% nationally of graduates completing doctoral degrees.
- Every year, virtually 100% of MC’s Education graduates passed the Praxis II; furthermore, 99% of Education graduates have received a positive evaluation during their first year of teaching.
- Considering the academic quality, career outcomes, and affordability of online programs in the nation, Affordable Colleges Online ranks MC as the #9 Best Online College, #3 Best Online Accounting Degree Program, and #9 Best Online Education & Teaching Degrees.
- Ranked as a top 25 "Best Bachelor's in Paralegal Studies" in the nation by College Choice.
- Ranked #15 on "The Best Online Master's in Public Relations Programs" listing in 2019 by OnlineMasters.com.
- MC is the ranked the best online college in Mississippi by Best Colleges for 2018.
- The only Baptist university to offer a Masters in Fine Arts.
- Mississippi College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award bachelors, masters, education specialist degrees, and doctoral degrees.