“Pray at all times in the Spirit with every prayer and request, and stay alert in this with all perseverance and intercession for all the saints.” Ephesians 6:18
If you or someone you know has been affected by COVID-19 (coronavirus) and you would like for the Mississippi College community to pray for that person, please submit your prayer request here.
How to Pray during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) Pandemic
At Mississippi College, we want to join in the call for prayer and offer these suggestions for how to pray during these difficult days.
- Pray for people around the world who have contracted COVID-19 (coronavirus). Thousands of people are in need of healing from this potentially deadly virus. Pray that our Great Physician will bring healing to these individuals. (Psalm 103:3; Jeremiah 30:17)
- Pray for our leaders in local, state, and national government as they make crucial decisions to serve the health and safety of their constituents. (1 Timothy 2:1-4)
- Pray for the doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals treating individuals infected with COVID-19 (coronavirus) that God would use them to bring healing and keep them safe from contracting the virus themselves. (Jeremiah 33:6)
- Pray for the scientists and researchers developing treatments for COVID-19 (coronavirus) that God would give them wisdom in their task and that their efforts would be productive. (Proverbs 2:6)
- Pray for churches and their leaders as they seek to minister to people in their communities affected by COVID-19 (coronavirus). (1 Thessalonians 5:12-13)
- Pray for the administration of Mississippi College as they make decisions to ensure the well-being of our MC community. Pray for the students, faculty, and staff of Mississippi College as they adjust to a new learning environment over the next few weeks. (Colossians 1:9-12)