Accommodation Request Procedures
The student must provide written documentation from a medical physician and/or licensed clinician that verifies his or her disability with recommended accommodations. Documentation must be current (within 3 years). SAS will assist the student in notifying his or her professors about the recommended academic accommodations.
FOLLOW THE STEPS OUTLINED BELOW.
- Students must fill out our Online Accommodation Request Form
- A detailed letter on letterhead from their physician or qualified evaluator stating the student’s diagnosis and the specific accommodations needed in relation to that diagnosis.
- Forms can be uploaded within the Online Accommodation Request form, emailed to email@example.com, or dropped off at the Accessibility Services office located in the basement of Nelson Hall.
- Physicians or qualified evaluators may email the detailed letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload it within the Online Clinician Form.
- After receiving all of the required documentation, Student Accessibility Services will reach out to the student via email to schedule an accommodation meeting.
- Documentation provided to the Student Accessibility Services is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. It is best for documentation to be current.
- Recommendations by a licensed professional must be reasonable and effective in assisting the student where the student’s major life activity/activities is/are impaired.
- For more information, please refer to the Accessibility Services Handbook (pages 15 - 23)