“So that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.” –1 Corinthians 12:25-26
As members of the MC family, every one of us is essential to keeping each other and our campus safe. Every part of our family can rejoice in being together again only when we honor one another by respecting the precautions put into place to protect us.
Yes, some of these precautions will be inconvenient. Please think of them as loving actions you’re taking on behalf of your MC family members and to ensure we can continue to learn and grow together on our beautiful campus.
The following pledge isn’t a formal contract or a binding legal agreement. Instead, it’s a statement of our love and respect for our brothers and sisters, and a promise that we will do everything in our power to keep our family safe and our campus open.
As an essential member of the MC family, I pledge to:
1.Protect and Honor Others
- Wear a face mask in all indoor and outdoor spaces on campus.
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet when possible.
- Stay home if I have symptoms of COVID-19, have had prolonged, direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or have experienced any sickness.
2.Protect and Honor Myself
- Wash my hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer.
- Seek medical evaluation if I experience fever higher than 100.4°F, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle or body aches, headache, or sore throat.
- Complete a daily self-assessment.
3.Protect and Honor the Clinton Community
- Notify the centralized office for COVID-19 coordination if I test positive for COVID-19 or have had prolonged, direct contact with someone who has tested positive.
- Follow all university health and safety guidelines.