In the event that a student tests positive or comes into direct contact with a person who has tested positive, that student will be required to self-isolate and/or quarantine pursuant to MC's COVID-19 policies.
If permissible by the Mississippi State Department of Health, positive or exposed students should return to their homes to isolate or quarantine. Campus housing charges will not be refundable for students who leave campus to quarantine or isolate at home.
The university may require students identified by the Mississippi State Department of Health or appropriate agency as a contact to a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, as well as healthy students sharing spaces with those confirmed or exposed, to relocate to a different housing location for an indeterminate amount of time. This location may be on or off-campus.
MC may close a portion or the entirety of a residence hall if the incident(s) of COVID-19 in the facility is classified as moderate or substantial spread or if deemed necessary by the university or the Mississippi State Department of Health.
MC will provide food, wellness checks, and mental health support for students who must quarantine or isolate on campus.
Do I Need To Quarantine Or Isolate?
Who needs to quarantine?
Anyone who has been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
What is close contact?
- You were within six feet of someone who has COVID-19 for at least 15 minutes.
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19.
- You had direct physical contact with the person (touched, hugged or kissed them).
- You shared eating or drinking utensils.
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you.
Who needs to isolate?
Anyone who has COVID-19.
- You have symptoms of COVID-19.
- You have no symptoms (are asymptomatic) but have tested positive for