In just a few short weeks you will officially be a Mississippi College student! Get excited, because you are about to experience BEING MC!
Welcome Week is designed and planned by The CREW, twenty-seven excited upperclassmen who were selected from a competitive pool of student applicants. There will be non-stop events and activities starting the moment you get to campus and continuing throughout the week. These events will provide you with opportunities to mingle with other new Choctaws, the Dean of Students and University Presidents, Club and Tribe members, campus ministry teams, and the Student Government Association.
- Choctaw Fanfare
- The Cookout
- Hawk Talks
- Tour of Jackson
- A Night in Black and White
- The Event
Download the Mississippi College Mobile App for all the latest news on Welcome Week.
When will you get your Welcome Week packet?
- If you are living on campus your packet will be waiting for you in your room on move-in day on August 19th.
- If you are a commuter, you can pick up your packet from a designated area on Saturday August 19th or the week of, Monday-Thursday from 8am-4:30pm, in the Student Life Center (back patio of BCR).
- If you are an athlete, you can pick up your packet starting the week of August 14, Monday-Thursday from 8am-4:30pm, in the Student Life Center (back patio of BCR).
To stay updated on the all the fun to come and to let us know how much fun you're having, be sure to follow us on Instagram @welcomeweek_mc and Twitter at @MCWelcomeWeek and tweet at us using #NewWW2017.
What to bring to Welcome Week 2017
- A swimsuit for any water activities!
- Something black & white for A Night in Black & White with the President. This can be gym shorts and a t-shirt or formal dress - whatever you are comfortable in as long as it is black and white!
- Something you can wear to serve our community in.