In just a few short weeks you will officially be a Mississippi College student! Get excited, because you are about to experience BEING MC!
Welcome Week is designed and planned by The CREW, twenty excited upperclassmen who were selected from a competitive pool of student applicants. There will be non-stop events and activities starting the moment you get to campus and continuing throughout the week.These events will provide you with opportunities to mingle with other new Choctaws, the Dean of Students and University Presidents, Club and Tribe members, campus ministry teams, and the Student Government Association.
- Kick-off Concert featuring Gloriana
- Food Truck Fest
- A Night in Black & White Event with the President Royce
- Roadtrip Excursions
- Service in the City
- Night at the Rez with clubs and tribes
- Intramural Tournaments and Water Slides
- The Event
- Worship Night with local area churches
When will you get your Welcome Week packet?
- If you are living on campus your packet will be given to you by your RA when you check in on Move-In Day on August 22nd.
- If you are a commuter you can pick up your packet from Welcome Week Headquaters on the Quad on Saturday August 22nd during Food Truck Fest or the week of, Monday-Thursday from 8am-4:30pm, in the Student Life Center (back patio of BCR).
- If you are an athlete who is moving in early your packet will be delivered to your room during the week of August 17th.
What to bring to Welcome Week 2015
- A swimsuit for Surf's Up so you can beat the heat on the inflateable slip-n-slide!
- Something black & white for A Night in Black & White with the President. This can be gym shorts and a t-shirt or a formal dress - whatever you are comfortable in as long as it is black and white!
- You favorite 70's and hoe down outfit for DiscoDodge and Hoe Down Throwndown.
To stay updated on the all the fun to come and let us know how much fun you're having, be sure to follow us on Twitter at @MCWelcomeWeek and tweet at us using #beingMC.