Current National Federation of State High School Athletic Association rules will apply in all circumstances, except in cases where specific intramural rules will apply. Competing in any intramural activity is completely voluntary; therefore Mississippi College is not responsible for any injury that one may incur.
- Mississippi College Intramurals will provide all game balls. MC will also provide alternate jerseys in the case of two same color teams.
- Proper shoes are required (i.e. tennis/basketball/running shoes etc). No individual will be able to participate in street clothes, street shoes, or bare feet. Baseball hats may not be worn.
Players and Substitutions
- Teams will consist of a maximum of 12 players. A minimum of 5 players must be present to start the game. A team will be allowed to finish a game with fewer than 5 players if necessary.
- No one will be allowed to participate for a team unless they are on the roster turned in before the season begins. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE!
- Substitutions can only occur during a dead ball situation. Any violation will be a technical foul. Substitutes must report to the scorer's table before checking into the game.
- Any team that wins by a forfeit must have all 5 players present at the time of the forfeit.
- A game is subject to forfeit if either team uses ineligible players. Ineligible players would consist of anyone not listed in the original roster, including current varsity athletes.
Scoring and Timing
- There will be a 5 minute grace period in starting games. If 5 players are not present at game time, the team must forfeit.
- A game will consist of two 20-minute halves with a running clock. The clock will be stopped during timeouts and the final two minutes of the 2nd half. If a team is winning by more than 20 points with under two minutes remaining in the game, the clock will not stop.
- Each team will be allowed two 1-minute timeouts per half. Timeouts not used in the 1st half will not carry over to the 2nd half. If an overtime situation is reached, a team will be awarded an additional timeout.
- The game will be started with a jump ball at center court. Following the initial jump ball, alternating possession will be in effect.
- If the game is tied at the end of regulation, a 5-minute overtime will be played. A jump ball will be administered at half court to begin the period. The clock will continue to run until the final minute of the overtime.
- Grabbing or hanging from the rim is prohibited. Any violation will result in that player being disqualified for the remaining games of that season. If two players from one team dunk during the same season, that team will be ineligible for the playoffs.
- No dunking will be allowed during the warm up period. Any violation will be a disqualification of that player for the remaining games of that season.
- In a situation where a technical foul is called, the opposing team will be awarded two free throws and the ball.
- Swearing and abusive language on the court are prohibited. Any violation will result in a flagrant technical foul. As a result, the player will be ejected from the game and possibly the rest of the intramural season.
Administration of Fouls
- If a player is fouled in the act of shooting, he or she will be awarded 2 free throws.
- If a player is fouled in the act of shooting and the shot is made, he or she will be rewarded one free throw.
- Two free throws and the ball will be rewarded for any technical or flagrant foul. Players will be disqualified for a flagrant foul.
- One and one free throws will be awarded on the 7th team foul. 2 free throws will be awarded on the 10th team foul.