Each new student will be given the opportunity to meet other new students, upperclassmen, faculty, and staff while being educated on the academic and social expectations at Mississippi College. MC is about finding faith, family, and future. Orientation is the first step on that journey.
- May 30 - May 31, 2019 (May Orientation has reached capacity. Please register for another date.)
- June 10-11, 2019
- July 11-12, 2019
- April 25, 2019
- June 20, 2019
- July 24, 2019
- August 26, 2019
Are all new students required to attend orientation?
Yes. All students must sign up for an orientation or registration session.
How can I pay my orientation fee?
Orientation fees must be paid at the time of registration with a credit or debit card. If you do not have a credit or debit card, you can use a preloaded VISA gift card.
Are students required to stay on campus at freshman orientation sessions?
Yes. Housing is not provided for parents and guests of the students though.
How many people can come with me to orientation?
Students can bring a maximum of 4 guests to orientation.
What does the orientation fee include?
The orientation fee includes both student and guest (maximum of 4 guests) costs associated with the experience, including meals, lodging (for the student only), and resource material.
How many students can attend each orientation session?
Each orientation session has a limit of 200 students. Once a session has reached capacity, that session will no longer be an option. Class space is limited, so the earlier a student comes to orientation the more likely they are to get into the classes they desire. Please keep in mind that the entire upperclassmen student body has already registered for classes, so flexibility is key when it comes to registering for classes as a new student.
Can someone else attend orientation in place of the student to register for classes?
No, the student must attend orientation or the regular registration session to sign up for classes.
Who will I room with at orientation, and who will be in my small group?
Assignments for roommates and small groups will be made by the University.
Download the App
While at Orientation, you'll want to have the schedule and all of the important details at your fingertips! Make sure you download The Mississippi College Mobile App so that you know when and where everything is taking place! Click on the "Orientation" icon on the home screen!
- Search for "Mississippi College Mobile" on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and download the free app.
- Click the "Orientation" icon on the home screen of the app once it downloads.
- You're set! You'll also be able to use this app throughout the school year for events and information!
How to Prepare
Before you arrive on campus for orientation, there are some things you should consider. One major component for new students at orientation is constructing an academic schedule for the first semester at MC. When thinking about your schedule, consider:
- What times of the day do I prefer to have class?
- Do I prefer morning classes or later classes?
- Am I planning to get involved in a club or tribe? Should I avoid night classes?
- Do I need to work around athletic practice or a work schedule?
- How many hours should I take during my first semester?
You may also want to make a list of things to do while on campus:
- Get an ID card made in the Office of Public Safety
- Visit the campus bookstore to stock up on MC gear
- Follow up with any campus offices to make sure you're ready for the Fall semester such as: Financial Aid, Admissions, Business Office, Athletics for Student Athletes
What to Bring
Students coming to Freshman Orientation will stay in a residence hall on campus. Students should bring:
- Pillow and Bedding/Sleeping Bag
- Bath Towel
- Any items that will be needed to seal up your admissions status (check with your admissions counselor to find out what you're missing)
- AP credits to be applied to your records
Mention "Mississippi College Orientation" when making your reservation at any of these for a special price.
Comfort Inn & Suites
5010 Hampstead Boulevard
482 Springridge Road
105 Hampstead Blvd.
493 Springridge Road
Holiday Inn Express
495 Springridge Road
Super 8 Suites
201 Johnston Place
There are four separate registration forms below:
Transfer Orientation Registration
Transfer Orientation is opened to all students who are transferring to Mississippi College from any other two-year or four-year college or university. Transfer Orientation dates for 2019 are April 25, June 20 and July 24.
Freshman Orientation: Student + Guest(s)
Freshman Orientation is open to all new incoming freshmen. The form below should be used if you plan to bring one to four guests to orientation with you. Freshman Orientation dates this year are May 30-31, June 10-11 and July 11-12. The May 30-31 session has reached capacity.
Freshman Orientation: Student Only
Freshman Orientation is open to all new incoming freshmen. The form below should be used if you plan to attend Freshman Orientation by yourself with no guests. Freshman Orientation dates this year are May 30-31, June 10-11 and July 11-12. The May 30-31 session has reached capacity.
Regular Registration is a condensed version of orientation for both freshmen and transfers on Monday, August 26, 2019. Since this registration takes place the week that fall classes begin, class selections may be limited.