Swerve is MC's annual dance competition held each spring to showcase the dancing talents of Mississippi College students.
We are excited that our annual Swerve Dance Competition is right around the corner! We will be having two live performances on Friday, April 16th at 7:00 pm and 9:15 pm. The performances will be held in Swor Auditorium, and social distancing measures will be followed. Masks will be required and strictly enforced.
To accomodate for social distancing, tickets will be limited at each performance. Swerve 2021 will now be open to anyone that wants to buy a ticket, but once tickets have sold out for a particular performance, we will be unable to offer anymore. We ask that individuals only purchase tickets for ONE performance to best accommodate as many people as possible safely.
Ticket sales go live Monday, April 12th at 10:00 am at the following link:
- Swerve teams must be registered by Friday, March 12, 2021, at 4:30 pm.
- Practices for Swerve will not be held in a reserved space on campus. While at practices for Swerve, social distancing is advised and masks must be worn for the entirety of the practices. Chaperones are not required.
- All lyrics must be approved, and they should be turned in at the time of your registration.
- Swerve team members can be undergraduate or graduate students at Mississippi College.
- Teams may be made up of all males, all females, or co-ed.
- Swerve teams should be made up of a maximum of 16 people and a minimum of 6 people.
- Swerve routines may not exceed 5 minutes.
- Outfits/costumes should be modest in nature. No short shirts, shorts, or skirts. No low cut or revealing tops. If leggings are worn, they should have no cutouts or mesh, and shorts should be worn over leggings. All outfits will be approved at dress rehearsals. Masks will be required while performing.
- Each team is required to choose a charity to dance for. All ticket sale proceeds from Swerve will benefit the winning team's charity of choice. In 2019, $5,000 in ticket sales were donated to the winning teams' charity.
- The Student Experience Staff reserves the right to refuse inappropriate songs, dance moves, costumes, or other content from being performed in Swerve routines.
- Ticket sales will be for MC students and faculty/staff only. An MC ID must be presented with the ticket the night of the performance. No exceptions will be made.
- To register your team's practice times and locations click here