Mortar Board is the premier national honor society recognizing college seniors for superior achievement in scholarship, leadership, and service.
Cap and Gown Chapter
The chapter of Mortar Board at Mississippi College is known as the "Cap and Gown Chapter." Our chapter strives to provide different areas in which scholarship, leadership, and service are all represented. Here are a few events that we have participated in past years:
- School Supply Drive
- High School Student Council Conference
- Last Lecture Series
- Smorgasbord-Faculty and Staff Reception
- Angel Tree Children Sponsorship
- Read Across America
- FLIP Dance Marathon
Mortar Board Applications
Mortar Board will be accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Mortar Board membership in the Spring. Please read the requirements and important dates below.
- Rising Senior
- GPA in the top 35% of the class OR Minimum GPA of 3.0 (whichever is higher in the given year)
- For the 2019-2020 Mortar Board class, the top 35% of the class is higher, therefore membership is being offered to individuals who fall in the top 35%. Individuals meeting this standard should receive an email from the 2018-2019 Mortar Board President- Kice Brown (email@example.com).
- The Application for Mortar Board 2020-2021 will open on Wednesday, December 4th, 2019 and will close on Friday, February 14th at midnight.