Blue & Gold 101 Doyen
Blue & Gold 101 Doyen play a vital role in the lives of new freshman. They lead a small group of 10 or so freshmen each week to discuss and explore topics that are pertinent to new students in transition. They also have the opportunity to build community for the freshmen and to answer questions about Mississippi College life.
Qualifications to be a Doyen
- Must be a full-time student who has received credit for being in B&G101 his/her freshman year.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application.
- Do not have any judicial issues while at Mississippi College.
- Willing to take responsibility for their small group.
- Take and submit attendance every week.
- Have an active relationship with Jesus Christ. (This is a part of chapel.)
To become a B&G101 Doyen
- Complete the application and turn it in at the Teaching/Learning Center help desk in the Library.
- Choose two references (at least one MC employee, no family members) and give them the reference forms.
- Sign up for an interview time when you turn in your application.
Christian Life Coordinators (CLC)
CLCs are individuals who have a heart for God and a desire to walk life with other people of the Mississippi College family. CLCs are not “perfect Christians.” Instead, they are students who have a mature and growing relationship with Jesus and who want to be used in the lives of fellow students. This ministry is about building relationships and doing life together. Each Christian Life Coordinator will serve on a team that will be assigned to a specific residence hall. Your ministry as a CLC would likely include hanging out with men/women in your hall, getting involved with their residence hall activities, grabbing coffee or lunch, worshipping together, serving together and potentially leading a small group in the hall. Honestly, there is no “one-size-fits-all” for this ministry. Whatever the CLC is willing to give will directly connect to what he or she gets out of the experience.
CLC Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the purpose, mission, and goals of Mississippi College and the Department of Christian Development.
- Serve students alongside the Office of Christian Development (campus ministries and local churches) and the residential staff, through being a personal example, encourager, and disciple maker.
- Find and develop creative ways to connect with the residential staff and residents.
- Be actively present in the assigned residence hall.
- Attend regular gatherings that may include CLC team meetings, residence hall staff meetings, individual meetings with the Director of Christian Life and Ministries, and others as needed.
- Lead the residence hall to participate in at least one service project and two events a semester.
- Assist the Department of Christian Development with campus-wide initiatives.
- Creatively promote events and programs for campus ministries and churches.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at Mississippi College.
- Profess and demonstrate a Christian commitment and faith.
- Be actively involved in a local church or campus ministry.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative and semester GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Be in good judicial standings with the institution.