Go to course and select "Assignment" in the Navigation Panel.
- Click "+Assignment"
- Name your assignment (adding a description is optional)
- Proceed with settings (points, assignment group, grade display)
- For submission type, choose "No Submission"
- Because you are creating an assignment for grade tracking, you do not have to set dates in the assign area.
- Click "Save and Publish".
- To add student grades, click on "Speedgrader" (a new window will open)
- Key in student grades (when you are finished, close the window)
- Click on "Grades" in the Navigation Panel to review grades that were keyed in. (If your students have their notifications turned on, they will see that you have submitted grades for them).