Duties of the Office of Public Safety include:
- serving as a patrolling unit for Mississippi College
- providing security for Mississippi College
- protection of the safety and general welfare of students, faculty, staff, administration and guests of Mississippi College.
- regulating traffic flow on Mississippi College property.
- establishing and maintaining communications with the officially recognized civil and criminal law enforcement authorities.
- make a citizen's arrest of any and all persons disturbing the safety and the general welfare of the Mississippi College community.