For all students who are interested in purchasing a new computer, we would suggest a laptop rather than a desktop. We have wireless internet access in many locations throughout the campus including all residence halls - a map shows coverage here. We also suggest using Microsoft Office for Mac or PC.
Our Recommended Distributors for Purchasing Computer Systems, Software and Accessories(educational discounts given)
NOTE: Students are responsible for their own computer repairs and maintenance. Please consult with your advisor for any recommendations specific to your department of study.
The following specifications are minimum recommendations for computers:
- Intel i5/AMD equivalent or greater
- 4GB of ram or greater
- 80GB Hard Drive (or greater)
- Wireless network card
- Wired network card (For New Men's and New Women's residence halls)
- DVD/CD Writer combo drive (CD-RW combo drive is sufficient)
- Microsoft Office 2010 or later (Software can be purchase at MC's Bookstore at a discount for students.)
- Updated Virus Software (MC will provide any student virus protection software free of charge. Simply bring your computer to the computer services office.)
- USB personal printer is recommended (Students can print at the library for a small fee. More information here: Papercut Print Management)
- Any Intel based Macintosh will be sufficient.
- Microsoft Office 2008 or later (Software can be purchase at MC's Bookstore at a discount for students.)
Last Updated: 12/11/14 dbl