Personal concerns of any type may be discussed privately with an experienced counselor. These concerns may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serious concerns about a friend, roommate, or family member
- Coping with a traumatic incident
- Alcohol and/or drug abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Lack of concentration
- Relationship conflicts
- Isolation and loneliness
- Lack of confidence and/or self-esteem
- Eating disorders
- Test anxiety/ Study skills
- Sexual assault
- Family problems
- Unwanted pregnancy
- Pre-marital utilizing the Prepare/ Enrich program
All information and communication between a student and counselor is confidential.
Exceptions are made if information is disclosed pertaining to the harm of oneself or someone else. This is mandated by law. No student record in the counseling center is used on any transcript.
Referrals to other agencies are made when needed.