Reference/Instruction Librarian - Leland Speed Library
Mississippi College is seeking an energetic librarian to be part of a team providing instructional and reference services to the university community. We are looking for a person that is a team player, flexible, can communicate well and enjoys teaching. This position calls for extensive collaboration with other faculty and university colleagues in the design, delivery, and assessment of our information literacy program. The teaching of information literacy competencies is a major component of this job. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to help shape and influence the information literacy program.
The Reference/Instruction Librarian is a member of the Reference Services team responsible for providing the Library's instructional and reference functions. This librarian also serves as the liaison to academic departments, including Math and Sciences. This position is a full-time twelve month faculty position without tenure.
A detailed job description is attached.
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited program
- Minimum 2 years of teaching experience.
- Experience with outreach and student engagement.
- Ability and desire to learn and implement appropriate technologies.
- Knowledge of reference and research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal skills consistent with a commitment to user-center library services, including flexibility, enthusiasm, and approachability.
- Ability to manage change and work in a team environment. Willingness to collaborate and communicate with team members and maintain effective working relationships with the public and university colleagues.
- Awareness of current concerns and developments in higher education, academic libraries and library technology.
- A commitment to the Christian-based mission of Mississippi College
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled with preference given to applications received by December 13, 2019. An anticipated started date is Spring 2020.To apply for this position return a cover letter, a completed Mississippi College Faculty Application, and a curriculum vitae to Claudia Conklin, Head of Public Services at email@example.com. A Mississippi College Faculty application can be found at http://www.mc.edu/offices/human-resources/how-to-apply/. . Employment is contingent upon successful background and drug screening results.