Resource Counsel/Staff Attorney- Mission First Legal Aid Office
Mississippi College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Resource Counsel/ Staff Attorney- Mission First Aid Office, School of Law. This position is responsible for providing information, technical assistance/support, outreach, and training on legal issues and performance standards facing parent representation attorneys involved in child welfare proceedings as part of the Parent Representation Program. This position reports to the Director of the Mission First Aid Office. This position is funded solely by a grant from the State of Mississippi, Office of State Public Defender. Some travel is required.
A job description is attached.
- Licensed to practice law in Mississippi
- Must be knowledgeable in the law of Mississippi in Youth Court Practice and Procedure
- Must meet and maintain training standards set by the Office of State Public Defender
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain a good working relationship with clients, the public and court personnel
- Ability to communicate well and understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to prioritize several projects and meet deadlins
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism is essential.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should send a completed Mississippi College Staff application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Office of Human Resources, Box 4052, Mississippi College, Clinton, MS 39058. Only applicants that follow this application process will be considered for this position.