Carpenter's Helper - Office of Facility and Plant Management
Mississippi College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Carpenter’s Helper, Office of Facility and Plant Management. This position aids master carpenters in the construction of buildings, furniture, cabinetry and other objects using wood. Carpenter helpers assist by holding and retrieving necessary wood and tools, cleaning up and performing simple tasks such as hammering or removing nails. Responsible for maintaining a supporting role with preventive maintenance schedules and helping with repairs as needed. A job description is attached.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) years of experience in construction or facilities maintenance.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions of the master carpenter.
- Must be familiar with working with various construction materials and tools.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid Mississippi driver’s license.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should send a completed Mississippi College Staff application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Office of Human Resources, Box 4052, Mississippi College, Clinton, MS 39058. (ONLY APPLICANTS THAT FOLLOW THIS APPLICATION PROCESS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.)