To the Recommender:
Thank you for taking the time to write a recommendation letter. This letter will provide insight for our admissions committee and will play a key role in our evaluation of potential scholars. The Honors College at MC is a vibrant learning community with the goal of developing student leaders committed to academic excellence, spiritual maturity, and civic engagement.
As you write your letter, we ask that you provide detailed descriptions and examples that speak to the applicant’s academic qualifications, leadership abilities, and character strengths. You may wish to consider questions like the following:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what context?
- What can you tell us about the applicant’s character and personal qualities? Are there any special strengths and weaknesses we should consider?
- Does the student show curiosity in reaching beyond what is immediately required or expected?
- Does the student contribute constructively in groups? Can you provide an example?
- Would you look forward to having this student in class again? Why or why not?
- If you could suggest an improvement in this student's approach to his or her own education, what would it be?
- How has the applicant changed most since you have known them? How have the applicant’s actions and insights benefited others?
- Is there anything else we should know about the applicant?
Finally, please submit your letter of recommendation by December 12, 2022, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should be in either MS Word or PDF format and include the student’s name in the subject line of the email.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact Dr. Erin Norcross, Director of the Honors College, at 601-925-3936 or email@example.com.