1. Submit degree application
In order to graduate from Mississippi College and participate in the commencement exercise, you must submit a degree application by the specified deadline.
There are two established degree application deadlines specified on the current academic calendar.
- Priority Deadline - The first degree application deadline is the Priority Deadline for all degree applications to be submitted for the semester. The Priority Deadline is established to allow the Office of the Registrar to conduct degree evaluations early in the semester in an effort to communicate with each applicant any degree requirements that have not been met. This communication with the student and his or her advisor early in the semester allows the student the opportunity to register for any courses that are lacking or to address any issues that may prevent the student from graduating. Students are strongly encouraged to submit a degree application by the established Priority Deadline.
- Participation Deadline - The second established degree application deadline is the Participation Deadline. This deadline is the date by which the applicant must submit his or her degree application if the student is planning on participating (walking) in the graduation ceremony.
2. Order graduation announcements
Order your Graduation Announcements so you can send them prior to graduation. Contact Balfour at 1-866-225-3687 for more information.
3. Order your class ring
Mississippi College class rings are reserved exclusively for alumni and students who have completed 54 credit hours in good standing with the university. Order your class ring so you will have it by the time you graduate. (Please call the Alumni Office at 601.925.3252 if you have any questions.)
4. Clear all accounts in the Business Office
You will not be able to receive your diploma or pick up your cap and gown unless your account is cleared by the specified deadline.
5. Pick up your cap and gown
All participants in the commencement exercises must wear academic regalia. These items can be picked up from Moody Adams Field House at the specified time. The rental price of the graduation regalia (cap, gown, and hood) is included in your graduation fee. The sizes for your regalia are determined by the measurements you provided on your degree application, but if you have any questions about your measurements, stop by the Registrar's Office.
Students may keep their cap. Decorated caps are not allowed and may not be worn during the commencement ceremony. Students who arrive wearing a decorated cap will be provided with a replacement cap to be worn during the ceremony.
6. Cap and gown photos
Students will have a posed portrait with their diploma shortly after exiting the stage at the commencement ceremony. Please remember to take all family pictures in your cap and gown before the ceremony. You will have to return your gown immediately following the ceremony.