Spring Tour 2019 - Discover New Zealand
May 14-24, 2019
Explore cities like Auckland, Rotorua, and Queenstown on your next trip to New Zealand. Class meetings are conducted on Tuesday nights before the trip. For college credit, readings, papers, and journals are required. It is available for non-credit participants, too.
Departure is Tuesday, May 14 with return on Friday, May 24. This trip is open to all MC students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community friends. Participants may select courses for college credit or participate as a non-credit enrollee.
Classes are offered in conjunction with the trip at the graduate and undergraduate level. Please contact Dr. Stapleton (email@example.com) for specific class information. Enrollees may take no more than 4 hours. Those enrolled for credit must attend the class meeting at 6:00 p.m. each Tuesday from March 19 to Sunday, April 28 and complete all other requirements as designated by the instructor. Students should check with the professors first and then register as usual for the Spring class. You must be enrolled in a Spring Break class to qualify for the scholarship.
Non-credit enrollees are not required to attend any of the classes but are strongly encouraged to do so because of the general travel/tourist information discussed and the meaningful background information about the history, culture, and literature of the area provided.
What are the dates of the MC 2019 Spring Tour Trip?
- Tuesday, May 14 to Friday, May 24
Who may go on the trip?
- Mississippi College students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community friends.
What is the price of the trip?
- The price is $4,300.00 per person
- The non-refundable deposit of $600.00 is due October 1, 2018
- The payment schedule is listed on the online brochure and all other monies are paid directly to Contracting Agency (this information will be sent once the deposit has been paid to MC)
- The registration form for the trip is on the brochure and should be submitted to the Office of Continuing Education
Are scholarships available?
- Scholarships of $250 are available to participants who take the designated courses for the trip
- Scholarship applications are available online or from Dr. Beth Stapleton
- Scholarships will be awarded on a first come first served basis and goes directly toward the cost of the trip
Who can I contact for more information?
- Check out the brochure, posters around campus, or you can contact Dr. Beth Stapleton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601.925.7664