Apply to MC
Submit your app.
The Department of Teacher Education and Leadership offers a variety of graduate degree programs to further the education of students seeking a Master Degree, Specialist Degree or a Doctoral Degree. Click on the degree (Masters, Education Specialist or Educational Doctorate) shown above to find out more information regarding coursework and admission requirements.
Recently the University added a Master's degree program in Special Education with the purpose of providing quality teacher training and preparation to help meet the needs of the special education students in our K-12 classrooms. The program will be offered in traditional and online modalities. Contact Dr. Claudia Steele email@example.com 601*925*3226 for more information or click here to begin the application process.
Online Master of Education in Special Education program is also available.
MASTER OF EDUCATION (M.ED.) IN SPED K-12 ADMISSION, MAINTENANCE AND GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Must have an undergraduate degree in Elementary, Secondary or K-12 Education.
2. Must hold a current Class A MS Teacher/Educator License issued by the State Department of Education or be eligible for a reciprocal MS Educator License. (A photocopy of the standard educator license is required.)
3. Must have at least twelve semester hours of undergraduate courses in education and psychology.
4. Must have met or surpassed the MS State minimum score on the Praxis II Specialty Test.
5. Must maintain a 3.0 quality point average.
6. No degree requirement may be waived without the approval of the Graduate Dean.
See Graduate Catalog for complete information regarding university requirements and the Graduate Programs.
Submit your app.
Mississippi College's physical address is 200 S. Capitol Street, Clinton, MS 39056.