Application for a Mississippi Teaching License
If you have recently completed a licensure program, including the alternate route 3- or 5-year license, gifted endorsement, or a Master's program*, you will need to complete the following application request form and return it to our office via fax or email along with a recent Banner transcript. Praxis scores must be included for all alternate route licenses.
Licensure Application LINK
This Licensure Application form can be accessed from the LINK above, and must be completed if your license request requires a university recommendation. All licensure recommendations from the Department of Teacher Education and Leadership are completed through the use of this form.
Please email or fax your completed application to:
Natalie Weaver, Licensure Coordinator, Teacher Education & Leadership
*If you are upgrading your license in the same subject area (your undergrad was Elementary Education and your MED will be Elementary Education) from an A to an AA license, you will only need to send a transcript to the MDE and complete your part on the Electronic Licensure Management System (ELMS) at the MDE website. No university recommendation form is required for a license upgrade.
For current information regarding required test for state licensure, please visit The Mississippi Department of Education website.
Mississippi College offers undergraduate programs which lead to initial licensure in Mississippi in the following areas:
- Elementary Education K-6
- Secondary Education 7-12
- Social Studies
- Specialized Subject-Area Education K-12
- Music (Vocal and Instrumental)
- Kinesiology (PE)
Current teacher education candidates may also add on additional areas of endorsement based on current MDE guidelines.
- Supplemental Endorsement Areas of Licensure
- Supplemental Endorsements for Education Majors
- Supplemental Endorsement Areas Status Sheet
Mississippi College offers graduate programs which lead to initial licensure in Mississippi in the following areas:
- Initial License - Class A (Completion of MED leads to Class AA). Candidates must have an undergraduate degree prior to entering this program.
- Masters in Education/Teaching Arts (Alternate Route)
- Initial License - Class AA in School Administration. Candidates must possess a Class A license prior to entering this program.
- Masters in Education/Educational Leadership
- Initial License - Class AAA in School Administration. Candidates must possess a Class AA license prior to entering this program.
- Education Specialist/Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Education/Educational Leadership