Skip to main content
Graduate Admissions

Degree Change

Information about changing your graduate program of study

If you are currently pursuing a graduate degree at Mississippi College and would like to change your major/degree you must submit a new graduate school admissions application.

Students should not register for classes until the degree change request is processed. For example, if you are registered for the fall term and desired to change your major, you would submit a new application for the spring term. Although you may be able to register, DO NOT register for the spring term until your degree change request is processed.

A degree or major cannot be updated during a semester, registering will prevent the change of major from being processed. 

How to Change Your Degree 

  1. Create a new graduate school admissions application.
  2. You will be asked "I plan to enroll as", you are to select the answer "Graduate Student Changing Major/Degree"
  3. When prompted to submit your application fee, click you have a waiver and enter wavier code "READMIT".  

We must have this in our office at least two weeks before registration begins. If your name has changed due to marriage, please submit a copy of your marriage license. You can fax your marriage license to 601.925.3889 or email it to