Earn a graduate certificate in health sciences
The health sciences certificate program is for students who wish to change careers and work on meeting the science prerequisites for professional schools such as medical, dental, physician assistant, pharmacy, physical therapy. It can also be used for students who have challenging science GPA's in the undergraduate sciences. Admission into this program requires an undergraduate degree. Since this is a certificate program, Federal Financial Aid is available. This program can also be used to gain entrance into the Masters of Medical Science program.
The health sciences certificate program requires 24 semester hours from courses including:
- Freshman Biology: BIO 111 (4 hrs) and BIO 112 (4 hrs)
- Freshmen Chemistry: CHE 141 (4 hrs) and CHE 142 (4 hrs)
- Organic Chemistry: CHE 303 (3 hrs) CHE 313 (lab 2 hrs), CHE 304 (3 hrs) CHE 314 (lab 2 hrs).
- Genetics: BIO 306 (3 hrs)
- Cell Biology: BIO 305 (3 hrs)
- Cell Biology and Genetics Lab: BIO 307 (2 hrs)
- Microbiology: BIO 414 (4 hrs)
- Freshman Physics: PHY 151 (4 hrs) PHY 152 (4 hrs)
Dr. Kate Estess