Are you prepared? At any point during an event emergencies can happen. Awareness of facilities and clear Communication are key factors to help provide the best outcomes. The following information is provided to Event Services Team Members who oversee events in public spaces at Mississippi College in order to gain knowledge and insight in case of emergency.
- Serious Illness or Injury
- Severe Weather
- Mental Health Crisis
- Classroom Emergencies
- Drug/Alcohol Overdose
- Death of a Student
- Terrorist Attack
- Infectious Disease
- Campus Shooting
- Sexual Assault
- Bomb Threat
- Hazardous Material
For additional information about emergency preparedness:
Dial 911 in the event of a life threatening situation. For all other non-life threatening situations, call 601-925-3911 (MC Emergency line) or 601-925-3204 (MC Public Safety). Provide the following information:
- State your name.
- State the problem.
- State the name and location of building (be specific).
- Do not hang up the phone until the operator tells you to do so.
- Call the Office of Public Safety at 601.925.3204 and provide the appropriate information.
- Send a runner to meet and guide emergency crews.
Know how your MC Group Communicates during events. Keep calm and only relay what information is given to you from the Event Team Leader. Do not deviate from flow of communication. All events with attendance over 200 guests will need to provide an Event Team Leader who will be responsible for communicating in the event of an emergency in venue.
The Office of Event Services oversees the scheduling of the following venues:
- A.E. Wood Coliseum (Non Athletic)
- Alumni Gym and classroom (208)
- Aven Recital Hall (Non Music)
- BC Rogers, Conference Rms
- BCR Front/Back Patios
- East Campus Green
- Jennings Courtyard
- Nelson Hall classroom (310/311)
- Nelson Hall, Swor Auditorium
- Provine Chapel
- Quad & All other areas requiring setups