MC's Content Management System (CMS) is a web-based application that allows campus faculty and staff to easily manage their own content.
To login to your site:
- Go to www.mc.edu/your-site/login where “your-site” is the path to your section of the site
- Enter your username and password and click “Sign In.”
Page management will always take place from the Sitemap. To access the Sitemap click “Dashboard” in the upper-right, and then click “Sitemap” on the left-hand menu.
Adding a New Page
- On the sitemap, click on the page that the new page should fall under.
- Click “Add Page.”
- Click on the icon for “Page.”
- Enter a name for your page.
- Click “Add Page” at the bottom.
- Go to the page you would like to edit and click the “Edit Page” button in the upper right.
- Once you enter edit mode, you will have various “blocks” on a page that can be edited. To edit a block, click on the block and click “Edit.”
- Edit text just as you would in a typical word processing application.
- Use the dropdown box in the upper-left section of the edit window to change the content type between paragraph and headings 1-4.
- Use the table icon to insert a table
- Do not insert images into content (if you do they will be stripped when you save the page).
- To link to a file (such a PDF), highlight the text you would like to link and click the “Add File” link.
- To link to another page within your site, highlight the text you would like to link and click the “Insert Link to Page” link.
- To link to a page on a different website, highlight the text you would like to link, click the chain link icon. Enter the URL (must start with http://) and click “Insert.”
- Never use all caps (use bold to emphasize short pieces text).
- If it’s an email address, make it a link.
- Don’t unnecessarily capitalize words.
- If no content exists yet on a page, click “Add to Main” and select the “Content” block.
- Go into edit mode on a page.
- In the main content section on a page click “Add to Main”, then click “Add Block.”
- Select the “Image” block.
- Click “Choose Image” and browse to the image within the File Manager, or upload a new image using the form in the upper right.
- Images that are meant to take up the fill width of the page should be scaled to 550 pixels wide.
- To wrap text around an image, move the image block (see section “To rearrange content on a page”) so that it is above the content, then click “Custom Template” and select “Alight Right.” (Images can only be aligned right when wrapping text). It will not wrap the text until you exit edit mode.
- Use mc.edu/pleaseresize to resize images.
- Go into edit mode on a page.
- Click on any block on the page and click “Move.”
- Re-arrange blocks block dragging them with your mouse.
- Once you’ve finished re-arranging them, click “Save Positioning.”
After you have edited content on a page, the changes are still not complete until you have published a page.
To publish a page:
- Click “Exit Edit Mode” in the upper-left.
- If you are sure that you are ready to publish, click “Publish My Edits”. Otherwise, click “Discard my edits”.