Skip to main content

Planning Your Schedule

  • All students are required to meet with their assigned academic advisor to plan their course of study in order to ensure that they are enrolled in courses that will lead to the completion of their program/degree, as the Department of Veterans Affairs does not authorize payments for courses that will not apply to your chosen program. 
  • The VA does not authorize payment for repeated coursework, unless the course was initially failed but is still required for program completion. 
  • Please refer to your GI Bill Chapter for specific details on changing enrollment statuses (e.g, moving from full-time to part time), withdrawal policies, and the receipt of grades that are commonly referred to as "non-punitive," such as an "I" grade for incomplete courses and "W" grades for withdrawn courses

Change of Program/Major or Place of Training (School)

  • Students receiving veteran benefits must have a program/major declared with the VA office to continue receiving benefits. To change from one school or training program to another, individuals receiving benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill, MGIB-AD, MGIB-SR, VEAP, or REAP will need to submit VA form 22-1995: "Request for Change of Program or Place of Training" to the Regional Processing Office serving your home state.
  • Individuals receiving benefits under the Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35) will need to submit VA form 22-5495.


  • Mississippi College encourages all students to take advantage of the free tutoring services offered by the college. The VA can provide a special allowance for individual tutoring if you are enrolled at a stattus of half-time or greater. Refer to your specific GI Bill Chapter for specific details on tutorial assistance and qualifications. If you are eligible to receive this service, you must apply with the VA by completing form 22-1990t.