Skip to main content

Veterans of the armed services AND dependents and/or spouses of veterans who plan to use their educational benefits should use the following steps to begin their educational journey at Mississippi College.

#1: Apply to Mississippi College

Whether you are a first-time freshman, a transfer from a community college or other university, or a graduate student, the first step is to visit our admissions website to find out how MC is a fit for you and your future success!

On this page, you can apply, contact the Admissions Office for department-specific information, and schedule a campus visit using the quick links at the bottom of the screen. If you visit our campus, you may be eligible for a $500 visit scholarship. 

#2: Submit your academic and military transcripts with your admissions application.

We will need transcripts from any academic institution of higher learning that you previously attended (including any Dual Enrollment and AP credits you may have received in high school). You may be eligible for college credit from your military coursework (basic training, fielding of equipment, pathfinder, MOS/AIT, etc). Click on the following links to access your military transcripts: Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve, and Veterans and Air Force.

For a video to walk you through the above Joint Service Transcript Services, please click here. If you have an issue with logging in or with your JST account, you can email JST directly at You may click here for a video walk you through the Air Force Transcript service.

#3. Fill out the FAFSA application. 

Applying for the FAFSA is free, and MC strongly recommends that you apply, as you may be eligible for loans and/or grants. For important dates and deadlines regarding financial aid, please visit MC's Financial Aid Timeline. Without a FAFSA, your options for financial aid and awards are very limited. 

Please note: If you are a vereran of the Armed Forces, it changes your dependency status to independent, and this status will need to be reflected on your FAFSA. If your veteran status is the only thing that qualifies you as an independent (i.e., you are under 24, unmarried, and have no dependents), we must confirm that you are a veteran by obtaining a copy of your DD-214. You can email a copy of this document to Financial Aid at or to 

#4. After Being Accepted to MC