As a participating institution in the Yellow Ribbon Program, Mississippi College will fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed what is covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill®
The Yellow Ribbon program was established by the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. This program allows colleges and universities to voluntarily enter an agreement with the VA to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the benefits payable under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
- After the maximum cap for the Post-9/11 GI Bill® for a private institution has been reached, MC will contribute up to $5,000 of remaining tuition and fees. The VA will then match that amount.
- Only veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate (or their designated transferees) may receive this funding. Active duty service members and their spouses are not currently eligible for this program.
- Veterans entitled to the Post-9/11 GI Bill® at the maximum benefit rate (as determined by service requirements) or their transferees may receive this funding.
- Yellow Ribbon is available on a first-come, first-serve basis for qualified students.
- You must submit your Certificate of Eligibility along with a copy of your DD-214 or your Transfer of Entitlement Letter in order to be eligible for these funds.