WHY MISSISSIPPI COLLEGE ADHERES TO 100%
OF SACM’S ONLINE / HYBRID COURSE RESTRICTION
DID YOU KNOW?
After you have completed your degree at any institution for which SACM has funded, there is a degree validation process? SACM will request all online and hybrid course work you have enrolled in during the pursuit of your degree. This includes all universities & colleges. ALL online/hybrid courses you have taken will be relayed and if you have taken more online courses than what has been approved – regardless if YOU PAID FOR IT OR NOT, you risk your degree not being validated or being deemed as null.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
It means your degree:
- will NOT be deemed as authentic by SACM.
- will NOT be recognized in your home country.
- will NOT get you a job or entrance into a graduate program back home.
The guidelines SACM has in place regarding your online/hybrid course work are taken very seriously by Mississippi College. It is our desire for you to have a prosperous future and outlook upon the obtainment of your degree. Therefore we not only have a responsibility to you, but also to SACM , to adhere to the rules, regulations and guidelines for protocol put in place for your attendance here at MC.
REVIEW OF SACM POLICY TOWARDS ONLINE COURSE WORK
- During the entire pursuit of your degree, 4 online/hybrid courses (12 hours max) are permitted for undergraduate degrees and 2 online/hybrid course (6 hours) are permitted for graduate degrees.
- No more than ONE online/hybrid course is permitted during a semester UNLESS IT IS YOUR FINAL SEMESTER YOU ARE GRADUATING IN.
Online/Hybrid approval is dependent on IF:
- The course is required for your degree.
- It is ONLY offered as an online/hybrid.
- You are in your graduating term and not taking it would delay graduation.
- SACM approval is REQUIRED for your online/hybrid course prior to enrolling in that course
- After enrollment, your MC Advisor will need to send a letter to SACM detailing your schedule.
- Any online/hybrid enrollment requires a 2nd letter validating the reason for enrollment in a non-face-to-face traditional class.