The following courses must be completed before admission into the program:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Human Anatomy & Physiology, a complete sequence (including labs; 8 semester hours)
- Microbiology, at the pre-med level/appropriate as a first-level requirement for a Microbiology major (including lab; 4 semester hours)
- General Chemistry, a complete sequence geared toward science majors/appropriate as a first-level course for a Chemistry major (including labs; 8 semester hours)
- Organic Chemistry (including labs; 4 semester hours)
- Statistics, including statistical tests and analysis (3 semester hours)
NOTE: Online or Hybrid courses are not accepted with the exception of the statistics course.
Minimum course requirements for admission to the physician assistant program include:
- Applicant must demonstrate completion of all pre-requisite courses with a grade of C or better from an US-accredited university or college.
- All prerequisites must have been completed within the 10 years prior to the expected date of matriculation at an US-accredited institution. With the exception of statistics, online coursework will not be accepted for pre-requisite courses.
- A cumulative overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 of a possible 4.0 on all undergraduate and graduate work completed at an accredited university or college.
- A cumulative biology, chemistry, and physics grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 of a possible 4.0 on all undergraduate and graduate work completed at an accredited university or college.