The Mississippi College Department of Communication seeks a Graduate Teaching Assistant for the 2022-23 academic year. This position is for a student enrolled in at least six (6) hours in each of the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semester in a Communication graduate program. All candidates must be available to work in person on the Clinton, Mississippi, campus, and should meet the following requirements and be able to fulfill the following duties.
- · Earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum 3.00 GPA in Communication or closely related field
- · Desire to help undergraduate students succeed
- · Excellent interpersonal and small group skills
- · Interest in teaching or serving in higher education
- · Personal initiative to accomplish tasks on deadline
- · Willingness to work hours as assigned
- · Work with undergraduate students in tutoring situations
- · Assist faculty and student groups in planning, promoting, and executing departmental events
- · After the completion of 18 hours of coursework, teach one undergraduate course per semester at the discretion of the department chair
Supervisor: Department Chair or other faculty or staff member as assigned
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Stipend: $2,750.00 per semester, one-year commitment required with a university option for second year based on academic progress and performance evaluation by the department chair
For more information or to apply, contact Dr. Reid Vance.